Friday , 21 August 2026

Top News

A chance encounter, a life transformed

SM College Scholarship Program helps pave new life for the youth Some moments fade with time, certain experiences leave an indelible mark, shaping not just our paths but our very identities. For Atty. Marmie Deniega and Amanda Hora, the SM scholarship application wasn’t just a gateway to education; it was the moment that shaped the life they live today. The …

Read More »

Widodo in Manila for three-day official visit

Indonesian President Joko Widodo arrived in Manila on Tuesday evening for a three-day official visit to the Philippines aimed to deepen and strengthen the bilateral ties between the Philippines and Indonesia. The plane carrying President Widodo arrived at around 8:05 pm at the Maharlika Presidential Hangar at the Villamor Air Base in Pasay City where he was warmly welcomed by …

Read More »

Marcos boasts completion of over 50% of Farm-to-Market Road Network Program

After only 1 and a half years in office, the administration of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has already completed 51 percent of the target 131,410.66 kilometers of the government’s Farm-to-Market Road Network Program within six years. “I am happy to share a significant update sa ating Farm-to-Market Road Network program. Ang ating dapat na maging target is 131,410.66 kilometers sa …

Read More »

Jobless rate dips further to 3.6% in November 2023

The country’s unemployment rate further declined to 3.6% in November 2023 from the 4.2% in the previous months, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) reported on Monday. The latest figure translates to 1.83 million unemployed individuals, lower than the 2.18 million in November 2022 and 2.09 million in October 2023. This is the lowest recorded unemployment rate since the PSA introduced …

Read More »

New multi-millionaire  vouches for authenticity of lotto draws

A lone winner from Albay, who bagged the P571 million jackpot prize in the Ultra Lotto 6/58 drawn last December 29, 2023, said that the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) games and draws are authentic. The lucky lotto bettor correctly guessed the winning combinations 19-35-25-42-58-05 and claimed her winnings on January 2. “Ang masasabi ko lang sa mga nagsasabi na …

Read More »

Airports, aviation facilities to undergo facelift with P7.5-B funding

Some P7.5 billion in funding has been earmarked  for the upgrade of 22 airports and aviation facilities, including the one on Pag-asa Island. Makati City Rep. Luis Jose Angel Campos, Jr., Vice Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, said that rehabilitation efforts will be carried out under the following budget breakdown: ·      P1.64 billion for Ninoy Aquino International …

Read More »

P1-B allotted for development of bike lanes

The 2024 National Budget has allocated at least P1 billion to speed up the development of protected bicycle lanes and pedestrian pathways. The 2024 budget is a huge jump from the original P500 million proposals for the Active Transport and Safe Pathways Programs (ATSPP), according to Quezon City Representative Marvin Rillo. Rillo said the ATSPP assures Filipinos that cycling is …

Read More »

DBM funds NKTI, MSU projects

The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) last week released P550 million for the National Kidney and Transplant Institute (NKTI). In a statement, the DBM said that Secretary Amenah Pangandaman has approved the issuance of Special Allotment Release Orders (SAROs) amounting to P550 million to cover the funding requirement for the Out-Patient Department (OPD) Building of NKTI. The department explained …

Read More »

Marcos wants drug rehab facilities built nationwide

President Ferdinand Marcos, Jr. is set to put up drug treatment and rehabilitation facilities for each province before he steps down from office. The Chief Executive also aims to establish community-based drug rehabilitation programs (CBDRPs) and Anti-Drug Abuse Councils (ADACs) in all provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays. The Marcos administration announced the plan after revealing that roughly P10.41 billion worth …

Read More »

DFA reports no Filipino casualty in deadly Japan quake

No Filipino was among the eight reported casualties in the massive earthquake that struck central Japan on New Year’s Day, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) reported Tuesday. In a text message, DFA Undersecretary Eduardo Jose de Vega said the Philippine Consulate General in Nagoya continues to monitor all Filipinos living and traveling in the most affected areas. The Consulate …

Read More »