Manila Water Philippine Ventures (MWPV), the Non-East Zone subsidiary of Manila Water Company, has begun implementing its summer mitigation plan to ensure continuous water supply across its service areas. Although El Niño is not in effect this year, MWPV is proactively executing a comprehensive summer mitigation plan to address potential water availability issues, considering the impacts of global warming and …
Read More »Scenic Laguna town gets socio-civic center from PAGCOR
The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) formally inaugurated its 49th socio-civic center in Luisiana, which is expected to benefit more than 2,000 residents. The P50-million facility built in Barangay San Isidro can also serve 22 neighboring barangays in Luisiana, also known as the “Little Baguio of Laguna.” The two-story structure will function as a community hub and an evacuation …
Read More »2GO Launches first-ever Barista Workshop at sea
2GO, the country’s leading sea travel provider, is brewing up an exciting new experience with the launch of its first-ever exclusive and limited-time Summer Barista Workshop, “Brew Like a Pro.” This limited-time onboard interactive barista experience offers a unique opportunity for passengers to immerse themselves in the art of coffee-making while enjoying their 2GO sea journey. This one-of-a-kind, full-day onboard activity …
Read More »Senate probes abusive online lending firms
The Senate has launched an inquiry into the aggressive and abusive debt collection practices of online lending companies following a surge in complaints from distressed borrowers. Presiding over the hearing on Thursday, Senator Raffy Tulfo, chair of the Subcommittee on Banks, Financial Institutions, and Currencies, stressed the need to stop these unethical tactics. “This has to stop! Although I still …
Read More »P5-B earmarked for P29/kg rice program
The government has earmarked P5 billion to sustain its P29 per-kilo-rice program, ensuring more Filipinos have access to affordable rice, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said last week. “[May] inilaan po ang pamahalaan para po diyan, five billion (pesos) po para po dito sa programang ito,” Castro said in a Malacañang briefing, assuring the public …
Read More »Palace denies threats against former President Duterte
Malacañang clarified recently that it has not received any reports of threats against former President Rodrigo R. Duterte. Presidential Communications Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro addressed claims made by Vice President Sara Duterte, who alleged that her father’s life was in danger. Castro refuted the claims and emphasized that Duterte remains in the custody of the International Criminal …
Read More »PNP reports 18.4% drop in nationwide crime rate
Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Rommel Francisco Marbil announced recently that the nationwide crime rate dropped by 18.4% from January 12 to March 22, 2025. Marbil commended all PNP units for their unified efforts in reducing focus crimes, aligning with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s vision of a safer Philippines. “I thank everyone for their collective effort in bringing …
Read More »Senate cannot act on impeachment during recess, says Chiz
Senate President Francis Escudero on Wednesday reminded the House of Representatives that the Senate cannot take up an impeachment complaint while Congress is on break, as doing so would be illegal. Escudero made the clarification following House Minority Leader Marcelino Libanan’s assertion that the Senate could proceed with the impeachment trial even during Congress’ recess. “We haven’t responded to the …
Read More »Cayetano smells corruption in Isabela bridge collapse
If Senator Alan Peter Cayetano’s suspicions are correct, corruption may have led to the loss of billions in public funds due to the collapse of the Cabagan-Santa Maria bridge in Isabela. Presenting reports from the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and a private construction firm before the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee, Cayetano pointed out alleged defects in the …
Read More »DepEd recovers P65M from voucher program irregularities
The Department of Education (DepEd) will not be heading “to the dumpster” following the recovery of PHP65 million from private schools flagged for irregularities in the Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS-VP) for school years 2021-2022 and 2022-2023, Malacañang said on Friday. “With this result, we can now say that DepEd will not be put to dumpster. Hindi po mapupunta …
Read More »
The Market Monitor Minding the Nation's Business